I'm very busy working on my December daily. finished the first 10 datelabels. Up to the next 31..
Saturday, 30 November 2013
Wednesday, 27 November 2013
A pinkshabby christmas card, and made it for the Lawnscaping challengeblog ..Polkadot is the challenge this time..I loooove polkadots. They always give a cheery and happy feeling ..
Papers are from Iralamija etsy shop , sentiment stamp from Waltzing mouse.
Monday, 25 November 2013
My kids wanted a countdown calendar, so I decided to make one and let them choose on over at SGV cuts and they decided it would be this one.
When I finished cutting all the pieces I really thought OMG what was I thinking by telling them I make you one..It took some work putting it all together but they are very happy with the result and can't wait to open the first window .
Sunday, 24 November 2013
Nothing to do with crafting what so ever but wanted to share it anyway.
Today I made my first time monkeybread, and ooooh booooy that is sooooo good!! The kids could not stay of of it either so this will be baked more often that's for shure!!
For the people who want to try it too..here is the recepie I found on pinterest. It's realy worth trying!
- 4 T. unsalted butter , divided, 2 tablespoons softened and 2 tablespoons melted
- 1 C. milk , warm (about 110 degrees)
- 1/3 C. water , warm (about 110 degrees)
- 1/4 C. granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 t. rapid-rise yeast (or instant)
- 3 1/4 C. all-purpose flour, plus extra for work surface
- 2 t. table salt
Brown Sugar Coating
- 1 C. packed light brown sugar
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 8 T. unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 3 T. Butter
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 t. Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 T. Hot Water
- For the dough: Adjust oven rack to medium-low position and heat oven to 200 degrees. When oven reaches 200 degrees, turn it off. Butter Bundt pan with 2 tablespoons softened butter. Set aside.
- In large measuring cup, mix together milk, water, melted butter, sugar, and yeast. Mix flour and salt in standing mixer fitted with dough hook, (see below for instructions without a mixer.) Turn machine to low and slowly add milk mixture. After dough comes together, increase speed to medium and mix until dough is shiny and smooth, 6 to 7 minutes. Turn dough onto lightly floured counter and knead briefly to form smooth, round ball. Coat large bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl and coat surface of dough with cooking spray. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in warm oven until dough doubles in size, 50 to 60 minutes.
- For the sugar coating: While dough is rising, mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in bowl. Place melted butter in second bowl. Set aside.
- To form the bread: Gently remove dough from bowl, and pat into rough 8-inch square. Using bench scraper or knife, cut dough into 64 pieces.
- Roll each dough piece into ball. Working one at a time, dip balls in melted butter, allowing excess butter to drip back into bowl. Roll in brown sugar mixture, then layer balls in Bundt pan, staggering seams where dough balls meet as you build layers.
- Cover Bundt pan tightly with plastic wrap and place in turned-off oven until dough balls are puffy and have risen 1 to 2 inches from top of pan, 50 to 70 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and heat oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap pan and bake until top is deep brown and caramel begins to bubble around edges, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out on platter and allow to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- For the Icing: Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Mix in the powdered sugar, vanilla and hot water. You may need to add a little more water or a little more powdered sugar depending on your desired consistency. Drizzle on warm monkey bread. Note: This makes a little more than what you need to drizzle on top. I use it as a dip for the monkey bread.
Thursday, 21 November 2013
I decided to make an december daily this year. this is the front of my album.
I'm going to use a red SN@P album I had still lying around waiting to be used and the Joyous Collection from Authentique....There is only one problem....I have been collecting soooo much great ideas at pinterest , now I don't know where to start or what to do.... Absolutely did not make this easy for me..Am I going to use the pagepockets that I have with the album or am I going to use pages made of cardstock or maybe combine the both..really don't know yet. And than there is another problem a lot of you probably will know..I have to cut in those beautiful new papers..EEEEEEWWW...what if I make a wrong cut and spoil the papers...
For now I think I just let this lay on the table and going to make a card to get my mind of this "dillema".
The sentiment and snowflakes are cut with my Sillhouette.
Wednesday, 13 November 2013
This one I made for the Lawnscaping Challenge #69 ..The challenge this time is Sentiment. they want you to make a card with a sentiment on it. Well here it is. I used a stamp from papersweeties. The papers are from Iralamija..
Now I have to be quick and enter my take on the challenge before I'm to late . It is about to close...
Monday, 11 November 2013
Friday, 8 November 2013
I made this giftcard for the challenge of the Dutch Cardlovers #197 . Because the back of the cards are most of the time pretty boring they asked us to make a card with a nice front and back.
Beatrice just had some gorgeous new backgrounds in her etsy shop Iramalija that I simply could not resist and I yoused them for this giftcard. The card has two pockets on the inside . One for money and In the otherone I put a little notecard for a personal message.
The giftcard is a cutfile from the silhouettestore.
Thursday, 7 November 2013
And another post and again a Christmas card. It's beginning to look like I have found my mojo back!!
It looks like there will be more frequent blog postst from now on. I'm still not much of a writer so don't expect big stories in my posts hope the pictures will inspire you enough..
The sentiment is from waltzingmouse stamps. Background papers from Iralamija and the Santa image from the Cameoshoppe .